About the Position:
The fundamental responsibility of this role is assuring the quality of all systems through the performance, integrity, support and security of the databases. Your focus will be Systems and DBA functions working alongside the Infrastructure and Applications Development teams.
You will be expected to:
- Strong skills administering VMware virtual server environments.
- Strong skills supporting Windows Server environments.
- Proven experience in problem solving complex server and network issues and application support including the use of internal and external resources to achieve this.
- Solid understanding of supporting network infrastructure such as firewalls, network load balancing, security.
- Provide operational support of MS SQL Servers, Oracle Databases and Informix Databases.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Work with Development Teams to Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Create Knowledge articles to assist users in installing and troubleshooting databases.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Oracle Database ( certification preferred )
- Strong understanding of Systems and Networks. In particular Red Hat Linux.
- Background in administering VM infrastructure.
- Strong Team Player.
- Proven system implementation and integration skills, including but not limited to; systems configuration and change management process and documentation.
- Experience working in Agile Development environments is an advantage.