About the position
As a Security System Engineer within the Data Centre Operations team, you will be part of the team responsible for securing our platform and our products, remaining hands on by being close to the tools. This role will see you collaborating with our operational teams to ensure our products are highly secure in line with industry standards.
The role will involve working on innovative ways of securing our platform and products and finding ways of identifying and preventing security incidents and vulnerabilities.
You will bring a passion for security concepts, customer security, software development and automation. Iteration is fundamental, where you are adept at moving fast, and adapting to change quickly.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other IT security industry certifications (e.g. CEH) preferable but not essential
- 5 years’ experience within the IT services industry however, consideration will be given to excellent candidates who are able to demonstrate an above average ability to learn and grow within the IT security domain.
- Knowledge of privilege access management tools as CyberArk
- Demonstrated career focus on IT security systems
- Automation/Scripting experience using tools such as Powershell
- Relevant Microsoft Security and administration education/certifications desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (RedHat/SUSE) and Windows operating systems – Certification’s desirable
- Strong VMWare VCenter/VCloud – Certification’s desirable
- Experience with security/pentesting applications such as Kali Linux
- Ability to communicate with a broad cross section of internal and customer personnel.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple tasks occurring over a number of customers.
- A flexible, “can do” attitude, lateral thinker and team player.
- Provide feedback to senior management on matters pertaining security risks
- Assist developing a culture of security first
- Work cooperatively with all areas of the business and liaise regularly with other managers within the Company.
- Continuous systems improvement across all Pronto Cloud process and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance department documentation.
- Assist in the execution of the patching strategy for our Cloud and Managed Service operations
- Develop and maintain patch management procedures and solutions with Level 1 and 2 support
- Maintain and upgrade security and patching event management profiles and documentation collaborating with technical specialist.
- Assist with security advisory updates regarding core operational security obligations.
- Assistance in security risk identification and management
- Management of security and anti-virus/malware solutions
- Assistance for zero-day exploits and attacks
- Access management (CyberArk/Active Directory)
- Network security monitoring
- Management of IDS/IPS systems
- Support and provide recommendations for customer and internal project in relation to security initiatives
- Assistance with internal Pen Testing and annual 3rd Party Pen Testing
- Adhere and support policy/procedures in accordance with our ISO Certifications
- Assist with ASAE3402 auditing as required
- Assistance in managing SIEM and threat hunting tools
- Must have a current driver’s licence & own vehicle available for work purposes if required
- May require some interstate travel
- Undertake a Police check