DevOps Engineer (NSW)
Level 4, Building 1, Riverview Business Park
3 Richardson Place,
North Ryde NSW 2113
About the position
- Full-time permanent position
- Design and develop business solutions and operational requirements
- Responsible for CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo) and sustainable DevOps processes
- Located in North Ryde NSW
About our DevOps Engineer Role:
- Want to impress with your skills in Container Technologies?
- How about working in a well-established and mature Software Development and vendor Company with more than 1700 clients?
- Support and collaboration with your team-mates? We’re a friendly bunch.
- Work alongside software engineers, business analysts, technical leaders and clients?
- Hybrid Work Arrangement: find flexibility in your working week in consultation with your team (the best of both worlds!)
Where you’d be working:
Pronto Cloud is part of Pronto Software and is responsible for delivering IaaS, PaaS & SaaS to support enterprise solutions including the Pronto Xi ERP to our customers. We operate in a virtualised environment built around VMWare, Linux and Windows. Pronto Cloud performs various services for our customers either in our private cloud environment across five datacentres or as a management service for our on-premise customers. Our employees stick around because they enjoy their colleagues, culture, and supportive team. We offer a Hybrid work location arrangement.
What you’d be doing:
The focus of our DevOps Engineer role is to design and deliver automation projects within the Infrastructure Design Team to help realise efficiency and consistency across infrastructure and customer systems.
You will work alongside software engineers, business analysts, technical leaders and other stakeholders. You will be responsible for designing and developing solutions to meet business and operational requirements. An important focus of the role is to help provide service excellence to our clients.
DevOps Engineer role details (your day would look like this):
- Develop solutions to support the deployment of infrastructure and customer environments
- Design and build solutions to meet configuration management challenges
- Collaborate with software development teams on containerisation of SaaS applications
- Develop high quality components that are secure, efficient, and reliable
- Responsible for CI/CD processes
- Implement sustainable DevOps practices
- Maintenance of existing codebase and processes
- General system administration tasks as required
- Training internal team on new solutions as required
- Provide 3rd level technical support as required
- Work cooperatively with all areas of the business
- Continuous systems improvement across all Pronto Cloud infrastructure, process and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance department documentation.
We’re looking for new Pronto Cloud employees who have:
- At least three years’ experience in a DevOps role
- Solid understanding of programming concepts and experience developing in languages such as Python, Ruby, or Golang
- Production experience with container technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Skills and experience with CI/CD systems and processes e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Production experience with automation tools e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Experience managing in large scale VMware vSphere environments
- Experience managing in large scale Linux and Windows environments
- Hands-on experience with managing network switching, routing and firewalling.
To enjoy being a Pronto Cloud Employees you’d need to have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple tasks occurring over a number of clients.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong documentation skills.
- A flexible, “can do” attitude.
- Team player and lateral thinker
What you will get:
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- A hybrid working environment (split your week, flexible location arrangements)
- A cross-functional team (Infra, Network, Security) to expand your knowledge and career potential
- The ability to develop your career and experience
- Salary commensurate with experience, with annual reviews plus a range of employee benefits
Note: Our employees need to undergo a Police Check
To apply for this role, please click on the link below and email us a letter of application, clearly stating why the skills and experience you have meets the responsibilities of this role, along with a copy of your resume.
Please note: Pronto Software does not use external recruitment services