27 March 2020 – Switch to remote working protocol
All Pronto Software offices have switched to our remote working protocol. This decision was taken as a result of advice from Australia’s Chief Medical Officer and the World Health Organisation asking people to stay at home wherever possible, to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
Though this is an unprecedented situation our business and all employees are well-organised to continue to work remotely. Customers please continue to connect with us via:
- Pronto Plus, our customer portal, to log all support requests
- emails and calls to your Account Manager
We extend our best wishes for your continued good health and please know the Pronto Software team is on deck, working to support our customers.
19 March 2020
Pronto Software is monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and we will continue to respond to updates and keep you informed of any adjustments to our business operations. We share the concerns of our community and have actioned changes to help protect the health and well-being of our customers, staff and visitors – in line with the guidelines issued by the Australian Government.
Our Business Continuity Plan
Preparedness is core to our business and we want to reassure customers that we have established a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that includes the following actions to support our operations:
- Our current guidance to employees is to participate virtually (via video/tele conference) in meetings whenever possible. In addition, we support any employee’s decision to refrain from attending face to face meetings.
- All business-related interstate and overseas travel has been stopped and major events organised by Pronto Software have been postponed. Our employees will also avoid public gatherings as guided by health authorities.
- All staff returning from overseas travel will be required to work from home for a period of 14 days after returning to Australia – this includes staff with immediate relatives who have recently returned from overseas.
- Our staff have the ability to work remotely using their laptops and other devices. We also have information from key providers (e.g. data centres) regarding their BCPs and are working closely with them. We have been running Business Continuity “shutdowns” in our offices to test various scenarios.
- We also use a number of collaboration tools so we’re not relying on a single form of communication. This includes an emergency SMS broadcast system to contact all staff at short notice.
We acknowledge that difficulties may be experienced as we all respond to this evolving situation. Our focus to support your business operations, while at the same time ensuring a safe environment for our respective employees, will remain utmost in our minds. Please contact your Pronto Software Account Manager or Branch General Manager, if you wish to raise any concerns or request assistance.
The following hygiene and safety protocols recommended by the World Health Organisation and Australia’s Chief Medical Officer have been implemented.
- If visitors have travelled internationally in the last 14 days, they are asked to advise their Pronto Software contact and conduct virtual meetings or defer the meeting to a later date
- Hand sanitisers are available in public areas, across our offices
- Periodic hand washing with soap and water (minimum 20 seconds) is highly encouraged
- We are liaising with our cleaners in each Pronto Software office to ensure surfaces are kept clean and disinfected
- Avoidance of close contact (at least 1.5 metres distance) with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms. Asking everyone to practice good hygiene and cover their nose/mouth when coughing/sneezing and dispose of used tissues immediately
- Reduced personal contact such as greeting with a handshake
- If visitors feel unwell while visiting our offices, they are asked to let us know immediately so that we can assist
- Visitors are asked to inform us if they become unwell/suspect they have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of visiting our offices or being in a face to face meeting with our staff. We will inform visitors immediately if there is a concern they may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 during their visit. Visitors are asked to please ensure their Pronto Software host has their contact details.
The Pronto Software COVID-19 Taskforce is meeting regularly to ensure we stay in sync with direction from the World Health Organisation, Department of Health and Australia’s Chief Medical Officer. We’re committed to taking additional steps, as necessary, to support our employees, customers and partners to ensure we all get through this period of uncertainty together.
Useful resources for further information about COVID-19
If you are unwell please seek medical attention, as suggested by the Australian Government or the Coronavirus hotline 1800 020 080.
State and Territory Health Departments for local updates